Under the direction of the Director of Global Compensation, the intern is integrated into the daily work of the Compensation team and performs technical, and project management tasks as needed. The intern also participates in professional development activities and practice networks to gain an understanding of the international development field and Chemonics technical areas.
The Compensation Intern is responsible for supporting the Compensation team administer Chemonics’ global compensation program in alignment with established policies, practices, and procedures. The Compensation Intern is responsible for supporting the Compensation team by maintaining accurate records and documents related to compensation as per established processes and delivering quality services within agreed upon response time.
- Participates in all internship activities and events scheduled during normal business hours.
- Attends weekly meetings and assists in creating agendas and reporting meeting minutes
- Supports the development, implementation, administration, and communication of Chemonics’ compensation program.
- Assists in the development and upkeep of files and support tools.
- Supports benchmarking exercises and participates in salary surveys.
- Works on the development of dashboards and data visualizations using Excel.
- Assists in maintaining accurate files and documents, including but not limited to pay and equity reviews, job descriptions, job codes, compensation structures, and other compensation related information.
- Assists the Director, Global Compensation in preparing for compensation reviews.
- Enrolled student currently pursuing an undergraduate (rising junior or senior) degree or 2023 graduate from a bachelor’s degree program.
- Demonstrated interest in international development.
- Excellent research, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work on a team and independently on projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and work with highly confidential and/or protected information. Knowledge of data privacy regulations and how to handle sensitive, personally identifiable information.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn.
Apply by February 6th, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Chemonics will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Chemonics, or (c) consistent with Chemonics legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is continuously monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff and potential candidates is of the utmost importance to us and we continue to offer virtual interviews for all on-going recruits. On-boarding for new staff is offered in hybrid format through our Washington, D.C. and London, UK offices to accommodate remote workers.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Chemonics requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated.
The Hourly Pay for this position is: $18.