Maintenance Mechanic- Second Shift (2023028)
Maintenance Mechanic- Second Shift (2023028)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This semi-skilled position reports to a college administrator and is an excellent opportunity within the College's Facillities department. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Performs a variety of semi-skilled maintenance and construction duties of a generally routine nature; with conditions subject to change. The majority of work responsibilities are covered by established procedures within well defined areas under limited supervision. Moderate amount of judgment /decision-making is required in the analysis of data or a situation.
(Location Note: One position for Clear Springs and two positions for Winter Haven.)
• Respond to service requests from facility users for the repair, replacement and resetting of defective electrical components and/or the air conditioning system.
• Checks and test the energy management computer system operation, takes readings and observes operations
• Adjusts, repairs, resets manual bypass valves and adjusts commercial air conditioning equipment.
• Maintains log sheets of service requests, and complete orders for plumbing repairs.
• Performs electrical maintenance, painting, light carpentry, shelf installations and mounting of bulletin boards.
• Responds to requests to set-up of equipment and furniture for college events or scheduled functions.
• Possess valid driver's license or ability to obtain Florida Drivers License within 1 month of employment.
• Performs other appropriate duties as may be assigned by the Facilities Plant Manager, and/or other divisional staff members.
• This position may be located at one of the following:
• Winter Haven Campus
• Lakeland Campus
• Advanced Technology Center at Clear Springs.
• Shift Hours: Monday through Friday, 2pm- 10pm
This position is a level C15. Please see starting salary range below.
NOTE: Position will have a $.50/hour shift differential in addition to posted rate due to night shift hours (2pm-10pm)
• Good organizational skills, with special attention to details.
• Ability to work under indirect supervision following established practices and clear-cut policies in the performance of the majority of duties.
• Makes decisions when general instructions, established methods and clearly defined precedent indicate action to be taken; but refers unusual problems to supervisor.
• The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people.
• Ability to use a personal computer and window based software.
• Ability to use power and hand tools, electrically and diesel powered lifts, motor vehicles ( gas and battery powered), fork lift, tractor and other devices and equipment associated with general maintenance.
• Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and maintaining building management systems, low-voltage controls and wiring.
Graduation from a standard high school (or equivalent).
3 or more years of work experience in a facilities maintenance role in one or more trades.
Five years previous experience in a maintenance organization in one or more trades.
Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and maintaining building management systems, low-voltage controls and wiring.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
• Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of:
• a resume, and
• an electronic job application (all sections completed).
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
• Background Screening: Reference checks, successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party Education Verification for all stated degrees will be required prior to employment.
• Non-Instructional/Staff Transcripts: For career positions, a degree is not required. However, please note that education verification will be completed for all stated degrees, on or before an offer is extended. Submission of official transcripts for all stated degrees, is required as a condition of employment, following receipt of a job offer.
• Foreign Transcripts: All international degrees must have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." Polk State College requires that all international credential evaluations be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES®). More information about http://www.naces.org/members.html can be obtained at the NACES® http://www.naces.org/index.html.
• Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
• This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, February 3, 2022.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with State of Florida agency like Polk State College. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement and the date of your re-employment.
As a rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns on equity issues, please contact: Lonnie Thompson, Chief Diversity Officer; 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: 863.292.3602 Ext. 5343; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Employment Term: R-Regular
Assignment Type: FULLTIME
Pay Level: C15
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3818755
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.