Coordinator, Flight Experience- Lakeland Airside (2023021)
Coordinator, Flight Experience- Lakeland Airside (2023021)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This Coordinator, Flight Experience position reports to the Program Director and is an excellent opportunity within the College's Aerospace program. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a professional/technical position that reports directly to the Program Director. It involves both administrative support responsibilities associated with the program, and instructional responsibilities as appropriate within the program. Work requires the analysis of complex problems, planning of various interrelated activities, and sometimes the coordination of multiple projects or simultaneous functions. Frequently called upon to resolve complex problems within the program where recognized principles may be inadequate to determine a course of action. Regularly required to work cooperatively with other programs and to communicate with other areas, both in and out of the college, in order to meet the needs of students, the community, and the profession.
• Assists with the establishment of policies and procedures governing selection and progression of students through the program.
• Assists with creating promotional materials used to attract students into the program.
• Assists with student admission to the program.
• Assists with the development of curriculum to ensure integration of skills throughout the program.
• Assists in assembling and compiling all materials required for accreditation of the program.
• Assists in disseminating the above information to the appropriate recipients at the College (administrators, counselors and program students) and outside the College (national accrediting body and each clinical affiliate).
• Assists with the assessment of strengths and weaknesses of students.
• Assists with the evaluation of students' readiness for entry into the profession.
• Monitors and oversees flight training functions provided by contracted flight training provider.
• Assists in identifying and managing the adjunct instructors.
• Travels to conferences, meetings, and recruitment functions on behalf of the Aerospace Program.
• Manages flight student enrollment, progress, and completion through flight training course sections.
• Prepares reports as needed.
• Assists with mentorship and management of student clubs and organizations.
This position is a level P15. To determine starting salary, Polk State College takes into consideration the pay level minimum, the candidate's qualifications and internal equity factors.
• Requires ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with a wide variety of individuals within and outside the department, and frequently with students, faculty and staff of the College. Significant consultation is expected for problems requiring judgment and tact to obtain cooperation or approval of action to be taken.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work cooperatively with college personnel.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Travel may be required -- primarily day travel within Polk County, but may require overnight travel as well.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited (or equivalent) institution of higher education in aerospace or a related field is required.
A master's degree from an accredited (or equivalent) institution of higher education in aerospace or a related field is preferred.
Certification by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as a Commercial Pilot, Airline Transport Pilot, and/or Flight Instructor is preferred.
• Holding any current and valid class of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) medical certificate is preferred.
At least three years of professional work experience in the aerospace industry.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
• Experience working with students in a college setting is preferred.
• Experience conducting and/or supervising flight instruction is preferred.
• Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of:
• Polk State electronic job application (eApp) with all sections fully completed
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
• Background Screening:Reference checks, successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party Education Verification for all stated degrees will be required prior to employment.
• Staff Transcripts: For career positions (C10-C18), an undergraduate degree is not required. However, please note that education will be verified for all stated degrees. Submission of official transcripts for all stated degrees will be required as a condition of employment, following receipt of job offer.
• Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants must use the http://polkstatecareers.silkroad.com/map_images/main/SiteGen/PSCexternal/Content/Uploads/Documents/EmploymentListings_Documents/Veterans_Preference_in_Employment/Polk_State_Veterans__Preference_FINAL_Fillable_Form__June_2012.pdfto apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories (Career and Protech positions levels P12 – P16). All required documentation (Polk State Veteran’s Preference Form, DD-214, and any other required documentation) must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
• As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
• Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, February 3,2023.
If you need further assistance with your application, please contact the Recruiting Team at Careers@polk.edu.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended, or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns, please contact: Lonnie Thompson, Chief Diversity Officer, Title IX Coordinator, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.2 97.1000 Ext. 5378; email@example.com
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu with the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Airside Lakeland Center
47,672.15 - 60,565.69 USD
Employment Term: R-Regular
Assignment Type: FULLTIME
Pay Level: P15
FLSA Status: Exempt
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3816280
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.