CASE Advancement Internship at Dartmouth
The Advancement division at Dartmouth is pleased to host a CASE Advancement Internship in the summer of 2023. Designed to attract students (undergraduate and graduate) who may not have previously considered a career in institutional advancement, CASE and Dartmouth hope to increase and diversify professionals in educational advancement through this internship. We believe our workplace and culture should reflect the diversity of our broad constituency of alumni, parents and friends of the college.
Timeline of CASE Advancement Internship: June 5 – July 28, 2023 (8 weeks)
CASE Advancement Internship focus: This internship will provide on-the-job training in the field of advancement through a project planned with our annual fund, the Dartmouth College Fund. Dartmouth is extremely interested in giving all our alumni the knowledge and confidence to support their alma mater in a way that inspires and recognizes their passion. For someone new to making gifts, the non-intuitive nature of the process may be intimidating and difficult to navigate. Our goal is to give each potential donor the tools they need to make an informed decision about what they choose to support and how they do that. Working with the Dartmouth College Fund marketing and engagement team, our intern will have the opportunity to assist with the development and execution of a digital marketing campaign, promoting giving to the College, soliciting gifts, thanking donors, and analyzing results. Our intern will spend 32 hours per week on advancement projects and eight hours on eLearning and professional development through the formal CASE program.
Top 8 reasons to apply for a CASE Advancement Internship today: Our intern will receive…
- A $5,000 stipend
- Hands-on educational advancement experience at a premier institution provides valuable work experience in fundraising, marketing, and engagement through learning opportunities with industry professionals
- All-expense paid three-day training in Washington, DC
- Participation in introductory online seminars to learn about the various areas of the advancement profession
- CASE Advancement Interns will be assigned a mentor within Dartmouth Advancement, and participate in CASE’s
- e-Mentoring program to network with an advancement professional outside of Dartmouth
- A book selection from the CASE bookstore
- Regular communication post-internship on entry-level career job postings and professional development opportunities
- Complimentary CASE student membership for one year after internship, accessing CASE webinars, library, and Career Central
Top 3 things you will gain through this CASE Advancement Internship that can help jumpstart your career and learn more about Dartmouth:
1. Relevant experience to help you decide if a career in the field of advancement is the right choice for you. There is much teamwork in advancement work and many ways to find your calling, your challenge.
2. Meet new and interesting friends as they explore their own internships through many of the nation’s leading fundraising institutions participating in this CASE Advancement internship program.
3. Learn more about the many facets of direct marketing, annual giving, the Dartmouth College Fund and how our work has supported the Dartmouth student experience for more than 100 years.
I’m in! How do I apply for a CASE Advancement Internship? Visit our partners at CASE to apply today! The deadline for CASE to accept applications is February 3, 2023. Extended internal Advancement application deadline through March 10, 2023 for interested Dartmouth students. Send application materials (letter of interest, resume, and letter
of recommendation) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Intern selection will be announced on or before March 31, 2023.
Questions? Contact Cindy Hodgdon Welch in Dartmouth Advancement at email@example.com.
About CASE: The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) is a global non-profit association dedicated to educational advancement professionals-in alumni relations, communications, development, marketing, and advancement services-who share the goal of championing education to transform lives and society.