Infrastructure and Operations Associate Director
The University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) Division of Information Technology (DoIT) seeks an enthusiastic & talented Infrastructure and Operations Associate Director for our Network Services team.
In this role, you'll be managing a team of 7 individuals responsible for the planning, installation, operations and management of the inside and outside physical copper and fiber optic cabling infrastructure and network equipment collocation facilities. Your team will also be responsible for routine network planning, installation, analysis, and issue resolution to support institutional network connectivity and performance.
The Infrastructure and Operations group is responsible for the planning, installation, operations and management of the inside and outside physical copper and fiber optic cabling infrastructure on campus and at select off-campus locations predominantly in the Madison metropolitan area as well as certain network equipment collocation facilities on campus. The group is also responsible for routine network planning, installation, analysis, and issue resolution to support institutional network connectivity and performance.
Develops and directs the implementation of strategic plans for enterprise information technology (IT) function(s), program(s), or service(s) to ensure resources are utilized to provide effective administrative, research, outreach, and/or instructional information technology services. May directly manage IT services.
- 30% Directs strategic information technology planning initiatives and establishes objectives for the institution to ensure appropriate use of financial, administrative, staffing resources in alignment with the strategic plan
- 15% Develops operating policies and procedures to comply with regulations, institutional policies, and unit objectives
- 15% Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- 5% May develop and audit institutional budgets and/or financials
- 5% Serves as a liaison representing the interests of the institution to internal and external stakeholders
- 5% Advises institutional or divisional leadership on information technology operations and business models
- 5% May perform manager functions
- 5% Negotiates IT space required for network facilities. Coordinate planned utility outages with UW facility directors at divisions across campus.
- 15% Oversees and collaborates with internal and external partners to plan potential enterprise-wide, campus network infrastructure or electronics upgrade initiatives in coordination with other Network Services managers.
INSTITUTIONAL STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
Preferred - Bachelor's Degree
Required qualifications include:
-Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication (written, oral, presentation) skills
-Ability to provide leadership, exercise influence, and build consensus and partnerships in a large, complex, and collaborative enterprise
-Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and collaborations with external entities (e.g. architectural and engineering (A/E) IT designers, electrical contractors)
-Experience managing projects and leading teams of varying sizes (e.g. enterprise-wide and department or team) and scope
-Demonstrated commitment to improving equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace
Required-Drivers License - Valid and Meets UW Risk Management Standards
Must be able to travel (occasionally) for meetings, conferences and certain required work activities
with a valid driver's license.
WORK TYPE: Full Time: 100%
Hybrid: The candidate selected for this position may perform a combination of on-site and remote work subject to an approved remote work agreement (RWA) agreement. Remote work requires successful candidates to possess their own high-speed internet and phone to perform the work on a university provided computer.
APPOINTMENT TYPE, DURATION: Ongoing/Renewable
SALARY: Minimum $112,200 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Employees in this position can expect to receive benefits such as generous vacation, holidays, and paid time off; competitive insurances and savings accounts; retirement benefits.
Please note that successful applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship, on or before the effective date of appointment. University sponsorship is not available for this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click on the "Apply Online" button to start the application process.
You will be prompted to upload the following documents:
Cover letter (REQUIRED)
Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Required Qualifications for this position (listed above in the Qualifications section). For each Required Qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.