Medical Scribe (Mandarin or Cantonese Bilingual)
Medical Scribe- Mandarin or Cantonese Bilingual
Full Time, Monday - Friday, 8a-5p
Scribes start at $17.25, increase to $18.25 after 6 months, $20 after 12 months, and $22 after 24 months.
Leadership roles available after 6 months.
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patients’ communities, we can help keep them healthy and reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others.
The goal of the Clinical Informatics Specialist (CIS) is to be the personal data assistant to the provider. The role is responsible for handling informatics responsibilities for providers during patient visits in our centers. CISs are trained to be experts in structured clinical assessments, accurate and specific documentation, population health workflows, and team based care. Another major goal will be to facilitate efficient and effective medical care for our patients.
- Observing and recording patient encounters/examinations
- Documenting patient information, history, and diagnoses
- Assisting in medical management
- Documenting medical decision making
- Consulting with the care team and other providers on patient needs
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Applicants committed to ongoing learning that are interested in a full time short-term (1 year) or longer term opportunity looking to gain practical, paid experience in a patient care setting.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Ability to type 70+ words per minute.
- Basic level of medical knowledge and/or a willingness to learn quickly.
- Ability and willingness to take direction and be a member of a team providing patient care.
- Excellent reliability.
- Compliance with hospital and Oak Street Health policies, including HIPAA.
- US work authorization.
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”.
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Tuition assistance after a year
- Quarterly bonuses available based on experience
- Professional advisor/former Med School Dean available to all Scribes for help with school applications, school interviews, or general questions
- 1:1 mentorship with providers
- Build medical terminology
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits