Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be a part of something great? Want to join a 20,000-member team that works on the technology that powers the world around us? Looking for an atmosphere of trust, empowerment, respect, diversity, and communication? How about an opportunity to own a piece of a multi-billion dollar (with a B!) global organization? We offer all that and more at Microchip Technology, Inc.
People come to work at Microchip because we help design the technology that runs the world. They stay because our culture supports their growth and stability. They are challenged and driven by an incredible array of products and solutions with unlimited career potential. Microchip’s nationally-recognized Leadership Passage Programs support career growth where we proudly enroll over a thousand people annually. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, values-based decision making, and strong sense of community, driven by our Vision, Mission, and 11 Guiding Values; we affectionately refer to it as the Aggregate System and it’s won us countless awards for diversity and workplace excellence.
Our company is built by dedicated team players who love to challenge the status quo; we did not achieve record revenue and over 30 years of quarterly profitability without a great team dedicated to empowering innovation. People like you.
Microchip Technology Incorporated is in search of a motivated and qualified intern who is pursuing a degree in tax or accounting. We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment while encouraging teamwork within our staff and a balance between work and personal life. We offer hands-on experience with a focus on U.S. federal and state income tax compliance for a large global corporation. There will also be opportunities to be involved with the tax provision preparation in accordance with ASC 740 for the quarterly and annual US GAAP financial statements. This will be an insightful experience about US and international corporate taxation and could potentially lead to full time employment with the company after graduation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare workpapers used to support the preparation of the U.S. federal and state income tax returns and the global income tax provision.
- Assist in preparation of tax returns by entering data into the tax preparation software.
- Develop a working knowledge of the tax preparation software and other software necessary to prepare tax returns, tax projections, and other tax related projects.
- Meet deadlines for completion of tax returns and other projects as assigned.
- Perform tax technical research.
- Assist with quarterly estimated tax payment calculations and filings.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- On track to completing a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a master’s degree in accounting or taxation
- Minimum overall and accounting GPAs of 3.0
- An understanding of US GAAP accounting principles
- Strong technical aptitude and demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit leadership skills that demonstrate strong judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Able to learn in a fast-paced environment and receptive to feedback and coaching
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and take initiative on projects
- High attention to detail
- A positive attitude and a team player mentality with a can-do spirit
- Solid computer and software skills (Excel, PowerPoint, BNA and/or OneSource Income Tax software experience desired).