TV & Streaming, Standards & Practices Internships: New York, NY – Summer 2023
COMPANY DESCRIPTION –
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
To meet students where they are, we will host summer internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person (requiring an intern to work from an NBCU office location 3-5 days per week) based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2023 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities for all interns, whether in-person or virtual.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
JOB DESCRIPTION –
Summer 2023 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: February 3, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
- Program Dates: June 5 – August 11, 2023
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
NBCUniversal’s Standards and Practices Department is responsible for reviewing advertisements and program content that airs across NBCUniversal’s TV & Streaming properties including Bravo, E!, NBC, Oxygen, Peacock, SyFy, Telemundo, Universal Kids, and USA to ensure compliance with internal and external standards. We review scripted, unscripted, and live entertainment programming to provide guidance on issues such as the depiction of sexual material, nudity, violence, language/dialogue, use of drugs, alcohol, and the avoidance of negative stereotypes. The department also reviews advertisements to ensure compliance with FTC, FCC and FDA guidelines as well as internal guidelines, standards and policies.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Standards & Practices, Peacock: In this internship, you will be working closely with the Peacock Standards & Practices team. Peacock is committed to providing innovative, entertaining, and quality programming that respects and reflects the sensibilities of our diverse viewing audience and advertisers. The S&P team collaborates and provides direction for writers, producers and network/studio executives to ensure success of these objectives.
- Standards & Practices, Universal Kids: In this internship, you will be working closely with the Universal Kids Standards & Practices team. You will also be exposed to Standards across NBCUniversal’s TV & Streaming business and will have the opportunity to work with our entire department.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter and recognize and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic attitude with outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently while also effectively collaborating on group projects.
- Student pursuing a degree in a related industry such as Pre-Law, Risk Management, Public Relations, Advertising, Communications, Media, Business, English, History, or Entertainment.
The hourly rate for this internship is $16.50