Product Partnerships & Development Internships: Virtual – Summer 2023
COMPANY DESCRIPTION –
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
To meet students where they are, we will host summer internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person (requiring an intern to work from an NBCU office location 3-5 days per week) based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2023 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities for all interns, whether in-person or virtual.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
JOB DESCRIPTION –
Summer 2023 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: February 3, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
- Program Dates: June 5 – August 11, 2023
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Content Distribution is a division of NBCUniversal that drives the North American distribution of the company’s multi-billion dollar television portfolio to cable, satellite and telco providers, as well as live streaming services, and other digital platforms. A key revenue-generator, the division oversees the distribution of NBC and Telemundo owned stations, all of NBCUniversal’s cable entertainment, news and sports networks, and the Olympics. The group also leads the content strategy and development for offerings that include video-on-demand (VOD) and TV Everywhere (TVE).
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Digital Products & Operations: The Business Ops team is tasked with leading the department’s live, on-demand content experience across all platforms and working with internal stakeholders (e.g networks, DTC and ad sales). Department goals the role will support include supporting fulfillment of our content while ensuring contractual entitlements, compliance requirements and monetization strategies are met. The Business Ops Intern will support the Sr. Manager and Sr. Director to meet department main business objectives of driving innovation to build efficient and scalable workflows, and maximizing content and monetization opportunities.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be working from a location within the United States during all hours worked.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Strong interest in the media industry.
- Experience and examples of Project Management skills.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Product Management, Engineering, or related major.
- Familiarity with SQL, Python, HTML and/or related platforms.
- Motivated self-starter who succeeds in independent and collaborative responsibilities.
- Data driven individual who can identify and drive objective opportunities.
- Strong verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
- Digital Distribution, Entertainment industry or DTC experience a plus.
The hourly rate for undergraduate student interns is $16.50
The hourly rate for graduate student interns is $25.00