HR & Culture Internships: New York, NY – Summer 2023
COMPANY DESCRIPTION –
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
To meet students where they are, we will host summer internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person (requiring an intern to work from an NBCU office location 3-5 days per week) based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2023 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities for all interns, whether in-person or virtual.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
JOB DESCRIPTION –
Summer 2023 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: February 3, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
- Program Dates: June 5 – August 11, 2023
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Functions: This team oversees the Company’s volunteering and social impact efforts. This is a great opportunity for a candidate interested in the intersection of business and social purpose, looking to deepen their understanding of employee relations and volunteering, philanthropy and cause marketing, while building skills and gaining experience as a researcher, event planner, marketer and communicator.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Corporate Functions: NBCUniversal’s Corporate Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) team works closely with Human Resources, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Communications and enterprise-wise business units to further the company’s inclusion initiatives. Interns will have the opportunity to regularly communicate and maintain relationships with 100+ ERG leaders and diversity practitioners across the company. Interns will contribute to social media strategy and generate custom content for NBCU’s social media channels.
- Human Resources, Ad Sales: The Human Resources Intern will support the Ad Sales HR team in all facets of HR, including talent Management, learning & development, DE&I, onboarding, employee engagement, and interfacing with internal business partners across the organization. The HR intern will work with the team to find solutions to employee questions and concerns, assist the team with completing workflow forms, and work on strategic HR projects and initiatives.
- Talent & Organizational Development, Operations & Technical: The Talent & Organizational Development team is an accessory branch of the Operations & Technology HR team, and has responsibilities that span talent attraction (marketing our innovation and forming partnerships that attract a new pipeline of talent to our organization) to onboarding and retention of talent. The Talent & OD team is focused on three major pillars of our talent strategy within O&T: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; People Development & Mobility; and Talent Attraction & Pipeline. Along with operationalizing programs to help attract, grow, and retain talent in O&T, the Talent & OD team can also be considered a service organization with the ability to advise, ideate, and execute more bespoke talent solutions at the individual, team, or full-organization level. We feel these types of engagements that provide the opportunity to listen and reflect directly alongside individuals to understand their unique experiences are equally as important (maybe even more important!) than our broader, organization-wide work. The intern will assist with coordinating multiple Media Tech events, support campus and conference recruitment efforts, research talent practices, and assist with communications, training materials & Power Point deck design.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Strong interest in the media industry.
- Commitment to building an inclusive work environment.
- Ability to multitask and highly organized.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Previous internship experience and on-campus involvement.
The hourly rate for this internship is $16.50