Ad Sales Insights & Analytics Internships – Summer 2023
COMPANY DESCRIPTION –
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
To meet students where they are, we will host summer internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person (requiring an intern to work from an NBCU office location 3-5 days per week) based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2023 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities for all interns, whether in-person or virtual.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
JOB DESCRIPTION –
Summer 2023 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: February 3, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
- Program Dates: June 5 – August 11, 2023
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
The NBCUniversal Advertising Sales business has been united as one seamless portfolio with a powerful ability to amplify an advertiser’s message and reach the right consumer in precise, targeted ways. With two broadcast networks (English and Spanish language), 15 cable properties and more than 50 digital properties, advertisers can build ideas around their brands that leverage our unparalleled range and diversity of networks, channels and digital platforms.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Ad Experience Reporting: Interns in this department will pull reporting around ad experience, advertiser delivery and other user experience metrics related to Peacock. They will also provide external reporting for clients around Peacock ad products, highlighting top shows, device delivery and impressions.
- Ad Platforms & Operations: Interns will have an opportunity to learn about the ad sales industry from a cross platform perspective, which includes exposure to content strategy, audience targeting, plan optimization, insights as tied to advertising across all our platforms.
- Analytics (Programmatic): Interns will be pulling reporting, disseminating data, producing insights related to our programmatic business. Platforms include Peacock, our websites, and all ODV properties.
- Client Strategy & Insights: Interns may work on various primary research studies (qualitative and quantitative) to illustrate the value of specific NBCU properties. This includes working with vendors to find the ideal partner, learning how to put together research briefs (business and research objectives) and learning to write questionnaires and moderator's guides for qualitative. They may also develop consumer and client/category insights to support NBCU opportunities and analyze competitive spending & marketplace patterns.
- Local - Research: Interns will provide help to our analysts and managers by working on sales requests. This department will focus on Hispanic viewership and/or Sports trends utilizing local data.
- Measurement & Impact: An intern on our team will work alongside our Ad Experience Response Analytics & Capabilities team to help report on performance of our ad and commercial innovation products. They will support the strategic creation of measurement strategies for key tentpole events and new ad innovation products, which allows for exposure to multiple different measurement methodologies (analytics, ad impact, and testing).
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Strong interest in the media industry.
- A background in any of the following areas: Consumer Insights, Research, Data Analysis, Analytics, Statistics, or similar fields.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Proficiency in Excel and/or other data platforms.
- Commitment to building an inclusive work environment.
- Ability to multitask and highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Previous internship experience and on-campus involvement.
The hourly rate for this internship is $16.50