Photogrammetrists perform image assessment, point selection, mensuration, triangulation, orthorectification, dynamic range adjustments, and processing in order to produce image products. They increase the relative and absolute positioning accuracy of imagery from sensors to support mono and stereo exploitation. These analysts assess, evaluate, and extract elevation data from stereo imagery. They provide in-depth technical expertise to customers, review products, and ensure that final products can be generated to meet customers' accuracy requirements.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online applications must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
1. Demonstrated ability to communicate ongoing work and findings to leadership and others through written, visual, and spoken reports and briefings.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of GEOINT Analysis or Photogrammetry-related exploitation software such as, but not limited to, SOCET GXP, ArcGIS, QT Modeler, Active Earthscape, or ERDAS Imagine to create, analyze, or review geospatial data.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of photogrammetry (i.e., elevation, remote-sensing, image science, triangulation, orthorectification, etc.) or related geospatial (Geomatics) sciences core competencies (i.e., surveying, GIS, geodesy and mapping) required to perform precise imagery generation and quality control.
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
1. Demonstrated ability to work with others on a team.
2. Knowledge of applying skills associated with computer vision, machine learning, scripting, programming, and/or software customization.
3. Demonstrated experience working with Department of Defense and US Combatant Command elements.
4. Demonstrated experience working with precise imagery and/or elevation data and products such as but not limited to Digital Point Positioning Database (DPPDB), Controlled Image Base (CIB), Orthorectified Commercial Imagery (CI-Ortho), High Resolution Terrain Elevation (HRTE), Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED), Geospatial Repository and Data Management System (GRiD), TerraSar add-on for Digital Elevation Measurement (TanDEM-X), or Defense Gridded Elevation Data (DGED).