Ticket Operations Intern
*Interviews for our 2023 Internship positions will take place in February 2023
The Ticket Operations is the back side of our Ticket Sales team. We use our Ticketing system, ProVenue, to set up all ticket offers (Packages, Singles, Groups, Ticket Packs, etc.). We provide immediate assistance to the Sales and Service team, in addition to Premium as well. Any department requests that come with Ticketing needs will be assisted by us. Game day operations include monitoring scans and troubleshooting any issues, reporting attendance numbers, conducting ADA relocations, and answering CS phone calls. We also monitor a CS inbox and complete cases/tasks submitted by our Sales team.
Position Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills
- Detail oriented, strong communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in fast paced environment
- Must have a can-do attitude and be team oriented
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be a current freshman, sophomore or junior pursuing a bachelor’s degree OR are currently enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited institution.
- Must be available to live and work in Los Angeles or your assigned office location throughout the duration of your 12-week program (May 22-August 11).
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Passionate about working for a professional sports team.
- Proactive and out of the box thinking.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants from every race, creed, and background. The Organization is also firmly committed to complying with all applicable laws and governmental regulations at the state and local levels which prohibit discrimination.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC considers all applicants without regard to national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, military status, citizenship status, pregnancy or related medical conditions, marital status, ancestry-ethnicity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that the Organization obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes his/her right to work in the United States.
In accordance with the Los Angeles Dodgers’ policies relating to COVID-19, all newly-hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide proof of vaccination and first/primary booster prior to their first day of employment. Applicants who decline to be vaccinated and/or boosted because of a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief may be considered for an exemption from these requirements.