Human Resources Intern
*Interviews for our 2023 Internship positions will take place in February 2023
The Human Resources Intern will assist the department with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation and employee benefits. In this position, the intern will learn how to apply skills acquired in school to a professional setting.
Position Skills and Qualifications:
- Update internal databases with employee information such as contact details and employment forms.
- Learn about the company’s HR policies, employee benefits, and other HR-related matters to be able to respond to any internal staff inquiries
- Participate in organizing company events and activities (planning, setup, staffing)
- Prepare materials and craft content for employee communications using Canva, PowerPoint, SharePoint (company Intranet) and other related software
- Schedule and confirm interviews with candidates
- Post job advertisements to internal job board
- Support New Hire Orientation for part-time game day and front office staff
- Audit I-9 forms and ensure all documents are filed accurately and remain confidential
- Assist with the employee Wellness Program
- Answer high volume of calls throughout the day and occasionally cover the reception desk
- Provide administrative support to Human Resources team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be a current freshman, sophomore or junior pursuing a bachelor’s degree OR are currently enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited institution.
- Must be available to live and work in Los Angeles or your assigned office location throughout the duration of your 12-week program (May 22-August 11).
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations
- Recognizing and maintaining confidentiality of work materials and issues as appropriate
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office and internet applications
- Ability to provide careful attention to detail is critical
- 6-8 hours per day
- Available mid-April through August
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants from every race, creed, and background. The Organization is also firmly committed to complying with all applicable laws and governmental regulations at the state and local levels which prohibit discrimination.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC considers all applicants without regard to national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, military status, citizenship status, pregnancy or related medical conditions, marital status, ancestry-ethnicity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that the Organization obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes his/her right to work in the United States.
In accordance with the Los Angeles Dodgers’ policies relating to COVID-19, all newly-hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide proof of vaccination and first/primary booster prior to their first day of employment. Applicants who decline to be vaccinated and/or boosted because of a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief may be considered for an exemption from these requirements.