Community Relations Intern
*Interviews for our 2023 Internship positions will take place in February 2023
The Community Relations & External Affairs Department manages the Dodgers’ government, civic, community, and philanthropic efforts with an emphasis on the organization’s relationships with local leaders, government & non-profit organizations, community & neighborhood groups, and player & player families. The CR Department ensures a proactive positive presence in the community through strategic legislative priorities and key community programs. We strive to produce impactful community events and programs beyond the stadium with Dodgers players, alumni, and their families to serve people of diverse backgrounds with an emphasis on health, education, military in communities throughout Los Angeles County.
The Community Relations Intern will perform a wide range of support activities for the Community Relations Department which include assisting with planning and execution of various community programs and events including team, player, sponsor, and community initiatives.
Position Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence with careful attention to detail
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in fast paced environment
- Must have a can-do attitude and be team oriented
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Ability to work in tandem with internal and external customers, with a positive customer service attitude
- Possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and other variable hours as needed
- Must be a current freshman, sophomore or junior pursuing a bachelor’s degree OR are currently enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited institution.
- Must be available to live and work in Los Angeles or your assigned office location throughout the duration of your 12-week program (May 22-August 11).
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Passionate about working for a professional sports team.
- Proactive and out of the box thinking.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants from every race, creed, and background. The Organization is also firmly committed to complying with all applicable laws and governmental regulations at the state and local levels which prohibit discrimination.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC considers all applicants without regard to national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, military status, citizenship status, pregnancy or related medical conditions, marital status, ancestry-ethnicity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that the Organization obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes his/her right to work in the United States.
In accordance with the Los Angeles Dodgers’ policies relating to COVID-19, all newly-hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide proof of vaccination and first/primary booster prior to their first day of employment. Applicants who decline to be vaccinated and/or boosted because of a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief may be considered for an exemption from these requirements.