LegacyX Laboratory Technician (2817)
About LegacyX Lab
LegacyX lab is responsible for specimen processing using high-performance liquid handling robots. They are also responsible for the conversion of raw sample into raw data through electrophoresis using the Sanger Sequencing method. Sanger Sequencing is a tried-and-true gold standard for DNA sequencing. It is still slow compared to other DNA sequencing methods out there, but its reliability is why Sanger Sequencing is still the current preferred method for Companion Diagnostics BRACAnalysis testing (called CDx testing). Through CDx, many late-stage cancer patients can be qualified for more aggressive cancer treatments which can and do save lives. The lab work within LegacyX is highly automated and standardized, which provides repeatability and reliability when so much of our patients’ lives hinge upon the information gained from it.
- Complying with the laboratory’s technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
- Participating in the laboratory’s quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
- Working as part of a team to produce repeatable quality results.
- Maintaining a clean and organized laboratory space.
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Operating high performance liquid handling robots.
- Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
- Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
- Day Shift: Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:00am-6:30pm
- Pay: $22+/hr, plus shift differential for weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science.
- Due to the nature of the tests extensive documentation skills are required
- Requires good attention to detail
- Good communication skills are a must
- Requires the ability to adapt to change efficiently
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Carrying, communicating, analyzing, coordinating, lifting up to 20lbs, repetitive Motion, color Determination The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. In hiring and all other employment decisions, we prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.