Production Lab Scientist (B2) (2546)
We are seeking to hire a Production Lab Scientist in our South San Francisco lab for Myriad Women's Health. The Production Laboratory Scientist is responsible for assisting licensed testing personnel and for the general maintenance at a highly automated, high-complexity testing laboratory. The individual in this role will assist with equipment maintenance, inventory management, and identifying and reporting nonconformance within the laboratory. This individual will ensure efficient workflow within the laboratory and will work under the supervision of clinical laboratory scientists (CLSs) and general supervisors.
Shift: Wednesday-Saturday 11:00am-9:30pm PST
The production laboratory scientist is responsible for the following duties:
- Assisting licensed testing personnel (other than trainees)
- Assisting in preventive maintenance and troubleshooting
- Assisting in the performance of quality control procedures
- Labeling barcodes on sample tubes
- Preparing and storing reagents as instructed
- Organizing and cleaning lab space and equipment
- Setting up and shutting down equipment
- Completing other tasks as assigned by the general supervisor or their designee
- Stocking reagents and consumables
- Refilling water and discarding non-hazardous waste
- Receiving deliveries
- Reordering inventory
- Performing inventory audits
- Receiving samples
- Archiving samples to storage
- Retrieving samples from storage
- Sending out samples for testing
- Documenting non-standard process events and issues in the appropriate Jira board
- Notifying a CLS or supervisor of such events as soon as possible
- Completing Jira documentation punctually
For lab-specific responsibilities details, refer to CLP-00020 Lab-Specific Job Role Specifications.
- A BS or BA degree in a chemical, physical, biological, clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution (required)
- Experience with laboratory operations and procedures (preferred)
- 5 Skills
- The ability to work diligently with minimal supervision
- Basic computer proficiency
- A good attendance record
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. In hiring and all other employment decisions, we prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.