Program Operations Associate
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Program Operations Associate with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Duluth, MN.
Salary: $22.24 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook);
- Experience in administrative support functions (i.e., recordkeeping, filing) and managing records (electronic and hardcopy) or databases;
- Experience conducting internet research;
- Strong communication skills (i.e., written, oral, telephone etiquette) as evidenced by a writing sample;
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including experience handling multiple assignments with competing deadlines; and
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Experience involving the management of databases;
- Experience involving the operation of video teleconferencing equipment;
- Experience with desktop publishing software; and
- Experience organizing, tracking and coordinating large amounts of electronic information.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Great Lakes Toxicology and Ecology Division (GLTED) within ORD's Center for Computational Toxicology and Exposure (CCTE)is responsible for providing scientific information for use in predicting and assessing effects of pollutants and other stressors on our nation's freshwater resources. Within this context, GLTED's research areas contribute to multi organizational programs, involving scientists within ORD and from other partner Agencies.
This position is in the Program Operations Staff (POS) of the Great Lakes Toxicology and Ecology Division (GLTED), Duluth, Minnesota, and assists the Chief of Program Operations. The Program Operations team provides office management services and oversees administrative support functions to the various Branches within GLTED.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent bachelor’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Developing and maintaining document control systems for control of the location, arrangement, access, and use of electronic and paper files;
- Assisting in the logistics and coordination of briefings, meetings, workshops, and other collaborative efforts;
- Providing data entry support for the scientific-technical information systems, organization and management of the associated records, and coordination with researchers, branch management and Technical Information Manager (TIM); and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email EPANSSC@ORAU.org