2023 Global Digital Analytics & Technologies Graduate Student Co-op
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in customer-facing commercial or research- based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated.
The Future Talent Program features Cooperative (Co-op) education that lasts up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Research Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Our company’s Research Lab's Global Digital Analytics and Technologies (GDAT) group in West Point, PA is seeking Co-op students. The Global Digital Analytics and Technologies group at our company supports the development, validation, and implementation of f digital measures for clinical research. The Co-op will work closely with a GDAT scientist as a mentor to analyze and interpret data from digital health technologies to support ongoing projects and/or contribute to the design of trials that will utilize digital health technologies. The Co-op may conduct analyses to explore relationships between digital health/sensor data, disease state, and clinical endpoints, leveraging statistical and/or predicative algorithm approaches. The Co-op will also participate in departmental and project team meetings to gain a broad perspective on the drug development process in the pharmaceutical industry. Students should have strong written and oral communication skills. The Co-op will have an opportunity to present their research results in both oral and written formats.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be a current graduate student pursuing a Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to (6) consecutive months beginning in summer 2023, while maintaining student status in the current institution.
- Candidates must have completed at least (1) year of graduate studies toward a Master’s or PhD degree by their start date.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have background in data science, signal processing, and/or machine learning with an interest in digital health technologies.
- Candidates should have computational skills in mathematical modeling, data analysis, classification and/or data visualization
- Candidates should have proficiency in state-of-the-art programming languages, including Python, R, and SQL
- Candidates should have experience with cloud computing and big data handling
- Candidates should have prior experience working with health-related datasets. Experience with biosensor data, physiological data, or audio/video data is a plus.
- Candidates should have strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills
- Candidates should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.