Network Engineer I
Network Engineer I
This position is responsible for the implementation and support of network systems, structured cabling systems, campus video distribution system and integrated technical systems in support of Miami University’s academic, research and business missions.
· Assist in the planning and design of network systems in accordance with university standards.
· Provide, install, troubleshoot and support wired and wireless network access devices, and other structured cabling systems for inside plant services.
· Provide end-user technical support and access provisioning for network access devices.
· Assist in the design of network switch topology and associated structured cabling systems.
· Assist in the design, installation, and support for campus-wide security camera systems.
· Assist in the installation and support for video distribution and streaming devices.
· Assist in the design, installation, and support for digital signage systems.
· Assist in analyzing system issues and improving digital signage operations.
· Maintain network documentation and databases for network access devices, digital signage, and security cameras systems.
· Implement new installation and movement of remote locations throughout Miami University. This includes installation of network access devices, digital signage and security camera systems.
· Ensure assigned equipment and systems in telecommunication spaces and assigned areas are in good condition, operating as designed and are properly maintained.
· Serve as a team member, active participant and contributor for IT initiatives and projects.
· Communicate technical information and support to team members and other institution-wide staff.
· Assist with service disruptions including classification, prioritization, and initiation of action, documentation of facts, analysis of root cause, and implementation of remedies.
· Maintain accurate records, resolve customer service requests including help desk tickets as applicable.
· Maintain focus on the highest levels of service and customer satisfaction.
· Participate in professional development activities.
· Carry a mobile phone and maintain availability for on-call rotation.
· Drive service vehicles as needed.
· Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems, Engineering or related field earned by date of hire and 1+ years supporting or designing a network environment or
· Associates degree in Computer Systems, Engineering or related field earned by date of hire and 2+ years supporting or designing a network environment or
· 4+ years supporting or designing a network environment
· Must possess a valid US driver’s license.
This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.
Miami is committed to a culture of health and wellness. We offer several benefits including healthcare and wellness programs with on-campus recreational and sport centers, health insurance that includes options for dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance. Tuition fee waivers for employee and family, paid sick and parental leave, paid vacation, paid holidays and state sponsored alternate and supplemental retirement plans. Plus, you can be part of the University’s academic culture with direct access to hundreds of on-campus events plus the possibility to teach one credit bearing course per semester.
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first-class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).