Lighting Internship (Blizzard)
At Activision Blizzard we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences, driven by our company values and passion, Activision Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2023 summer. All interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We’ll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing on.
All interns will be given the choice to work remotely or relocate to the internship location. The company will cover relocation services and will provide a living student to supplement housing, utility, and office supply costs.
- Must be a current student pursuing their bachelors, masters, or PhD and graduating May 2023 or later.
- Available for a 12-week internship starting late May or late June.
- Can demonstrate strong artistic sensibilities, robust technical skills, and strong work ethic.
- Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful artist in the video game industry.
- Candidates must apply with a resume and portfolio link to be considered.
- We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Work with our lighting team to gain a good foundation for lighting in games. Learn how to guide a player through a game world with light, while hitting the style and quality expected of our lighting artists.
- Experience using lighting/rendering technologies (pre-rendered and/ or real-time).
- Strong foundational art skills and the ability to use light, shadow and color to create a variety of tones and moods.
- Experience in Autodesk Maya/Max, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Work with artists on one of Blizzard’s award-winning franchises.
- Help create compelling lighting while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game.
- Work closely with a mentor to level up your technical skills, artistic sensibilities, and build a strong work ethic.
- Participate in learning and development tech talks to understand how our employees come together to launch AAA games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.