Character Art Internship (Blizzard)
3D Character Art Internship
At Activision Blizzard we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences, driven by our company values and passion, Activision Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2023 summer. All interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We’ll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing on.
All interns will be given the choice to work remotely or relocate to the internship location. The company will cover relocation services and will provide a living student to supplement housing, utility, and office supply costs.
- Must be a current student pursuing their bachelors, masters, or PhD and graduating May 2023 or later.
- Available for a 12-week internship starting late May or late June
- Can demonstrate strong artistic sensibilities, robust technical skills, and strong work ethic.
- Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful artist in the video game industry.
- Candidates must apply with a resume and portfolio link to be considered.
- We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we
3D Character Art Internship
Work closely with our 3D Character Art Team to create memorable heroes, villains and creatures that inhabit our game’s worlds. You will get the opportunity to collaborate with concept artists, riggers, animators and designers to create high quality character assets to be rigged and animated for our games.
- Skilled digital sculptor in Zbrush or equivalent.
- Proficient in a traditional modelling package like 3DS Max or Maya.
- Experience with creating PBR materials.
- Strong understanding of anatomy.
- Enthusiasm for participating in the critique process and ability to execute on feedback.
- Work with artists on one of Blizzard’s award-winning franchises.
- Help create new 3D characters, creatures, mounts, weapons, armor, and other assets.
- Work closely with a mentor to level up your technical skills, artistic sensibilities, and build a strong work ethic.
- Participate in learning and development tech talks to understand how our employees come together to launch AAA games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.