Senior Human Resource Generalist
Be a part of our Team! Brand New Resort coming 2023!! Follow our website for updates and live cam. https://chickenranchcasino.com/the-new-chicken-ranch-casino
The Sr. Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, leave and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Assists with all internal and external HR related matters.
- Participates in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Recommends strategies to motivate Team Members.
- Recruits, interviews and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and Team Member eligibility verifications.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with universities and employment agencies, along with other recruitment resources such as job fairs.
- Manages administration of organization’s 401K program.
- Investigates complaints brought forth by Team Members.
- Coordinates Team Member development plans and performance management.
- Manages organization’s Human Resource Information System HRIS.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute Human Resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition and morale; occupational health and safety; training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, Team Members and Supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in Team Member disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
- Assists with HR investigation efforts by collecting and analyzing data; identifying misalignment with desired compliance actions; conducting interviews; determining action steps for resolution; creating appropriate documentation; and providing input on corrective action plans.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Responsible for the administration of leaves e.g. FMLA, LOA, PDL, and workman’s compensation.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law.
- Assists with oversight of HR Generalist I and II for performance management, Team Member relations, benefit administration and leaves.
- Leads and or Attends Committee Meetings
- Supports HR Manager/ Director when he/she is away from the office
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by proactively providing resources, information, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; providing occasional mentoring to Team Members; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; creating plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; anticipating and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in subject area to generate creative solutions; ensuring all procedures and policies are followed; leveraging an understanding of data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems; identifying and monitoring priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying, recommending, and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Assists in the implementation of organizational change efforts by identifying requirements; assessing information to identify solutions to obstacles and mitigating risks; providing input in the creation or revision of change management plans; developing communications; and monitoring ongoing impact of organizational changes or efforts on Team Members.
- Performs team member and/or labor relations activities by conducting research and providing recommendations and assistance on employment related regulations both at the State and Federal level; interpreting company policies, procedures; researching, identifying, and analyzing Team Member relations concerns; and referring Team Members to appropriate resources.
- Supports reporting of Company Team Member information and external benchmarks by compiling, completing, and interpreting reports and analyses; and identifying key insights to assist in the development of solutions for HR issues.
- Supports HR compliance by staying abreast of regulatory changes; interpreting and acting on regulatory updates; and supporting the implementation of designated changes.
Experience, Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, human resource management, human resource administration or organizational development or equivalent relatable years’ experience. (Preferred)
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification (Preferred)
- 5+ years of experience as an HR Supervisory role (Preferred)
- Deep understanding of Labor Laws and employment equity regulations. (Required)
- Strong decision making and problems solving skills.
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license (Required)
• Long periods of sitting, standing and/or walking.
Physical Requirements: Team Members are required to be able to meet the physical demands essential to the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
Occasionally Required: Exerting 20-50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push and pull to move objects. Climbing to move objects may be required at times. Exerting over 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push and pull to move objects.
Salary: Competitive Salary
Benefits with minimum cost share for Team Members!!
- Kaiser Permanente or Blue Shield of CA Health Insurance Options
- Dental insurance
- Vision Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Paid-Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Day Care
- Bi-weekly Pay Periods
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Other Team Member Discounts
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
- Jamestown, CA
TERO: To the extent permitted by law, all Employers and all persons, organizations and entities doing business on the Reservation and any land owned by the Tribe regardless of whether the land is owned by the United States of America in trust for the Tribe (collectively the “Tribe’s Lands”), shall extend a preference in hiring according to the following priorities:
A. Enrolled members of the Tribe;
B. Indian spouses of enrolled members of the Tribe and, to the extent that a contract does not involve the expenditure of any federal or state funds, all spouses of enrolled members of the Tribe, both Indians and non-Indians;
C. Members of the federally recognized Indian tribes;
E. The above persons listed in A through C above shall hereinafter be referred to collectively as the “preference persons.”