Be a part of our Team! Brand New Resort coming 2023!! Follow our website for updates and live cam: https://chickenranchcasino.com/the-new-chicken-ranch-casino
The Purchasing Clerk will serve as primary contact between our vendors and the Casino. This position is expected to find the best products and services for the Casino, maintaining the highest quality and most competitive pricing while also ensuring that all new vendors are properly licensed.
- Researches product and service options, seeking best quality and pricing practices (quality compliance).
- Monitors and updates relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing.
- Researches qualified vendors as needed.
- Assists in vendor evaluations periodically.
- New vendor set-up – initiates and monitors until complete.
- Receives and processes purchase requisitions from various departments.
- Requests / reviews vendor quotes as required.
- Prepares and places purchase orders with vendors in accordance lead times and operational requirements
- Obtains order confirmations to ensure services and/or materials are being scheduled per order requests
- Stays up to date with industry standards by participating in educational opportunities.
- Assists audit team to complete daily audits as assigned.
- Performs other assigned tasks and duties as required.
Experience, Qualifications and Education:
- Background in inventory management, purchasing and vendor relations preferred.
- Ability to deal with numbers/figures with high degree of efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting systems (Sage Intacct) and MS Office.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Long periods of sitting, standing and/or walking.
Physical Requirements: Employees are required to meet the following physical demands as essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
Occasionally Required: Exerting 20-50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull to move objects. Climbing to move objects may be required at times.
TERO: To the extent permitted by law, all Employers and all persons, organizations and entities doing business on the Reservation and any land owned by the Tribe regardless of whether the land is owned by the United States of America in trust for the Tribe (collectively the “Tribe’s Lands”), shall extend a preference in hiring according to the following priorities:
A. Enrolled members of the Tribe;
B. Indian spouses of enrolled members of the Tribe and, to the extent that a contract does not involve the expenditure of any federal or state funds, all spouses of enrolled members of the Tribe, both Indians and non-Indians;
C. Members of the federally recognized Indian tribes;
E. The above persons listed in A through C above shall hereinafter be referred to collectively as the “preference persons.”
Benefits with minimum cost share for Team Members!!
- Kaiser Permanente or Blue Shield of CA Health Insurance Options
- Dental insurance
- Vision Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Paid-Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Day Care
- Bi-weekly Pay Periods
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Other Team Member Discounts
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other duties, as may be required by management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.13 per hour