Revenue Accounting Spring Internship
A Day in the Life of an Account Analyst Intern
Account Analyst Interns work in our Revenue Accounting Operations group in Atlanta, GA and are responsible for the management of our accounts receivable. They serve as one of our customers’ main contacts and are an integral part of the Norfolk Southern business team. Interns may assist managing accounts receivables for up to 200 customer accounts with combined receivables averaging $12M, communicate with customer’s regularly via telephone and email for receivables management and revenue protection efforts. Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Verify the accuracy of Norfolk Southern invoicing for revenue earned from rail operations.
- Build relationships through exceptional customer service.
- Identify process improvements for billing and collections issues. Collaborate with other departments to test and implement enhancements
- Utilize analytical tools to identify trends related to traffic, customers, invoices and payments.
- Interact with internal departments (such as Transportation and Marketing), as well as other railroads to research and resolve disputes.
- Provide comprehensive updates to Management team and related stakeholders regarding customers’ accounts.
- Actively participate in own professional development as guided by management team.
What makes a successful Account Analyst Intern?
- A self-starter committed to learn the ins and outs of railroad operations, as well as, the industry regulations.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to manage time, plan and prioritize work demands effectively.
- Positive and professional attitude on a daily basis.
To help better understand some of what you'll experience, watch and learn more about our full-time Account Analyst role > http://bit.ly/NS_RA_CS
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree
- Preferred Degree Paths: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Management, and other majors in a similar field of study will be considered
- In depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software
Freshman (27 or fewer credits) - $2,500/month
Sophomore (28 to 59 credits) - $2,800/ month
Junior (60 to 89 credits) - $3,000/month
Senior (90 or more credits) - $3,300/month
Graduate Student - $3,666/month
*Living stipend of $850/month is available to those who qualify.
7:00AM to 4:00PM
February - May
Travel Required: 0-1 days per month