118878BR - Intern: Learning Solutions Design and Development (Summer 2022)
This Summer 2022 internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities with Volvo Trucks and Mack Trucks Academy team by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns/coops and our fulltime professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Trucks and Mack Trucks Academy and our dealer network
- All learning and performance design and development should be of the highest Quality, be produced Speedily, and be designed to Impact key business objectives by improving human performance in our dealerships.
- You will conduct effective and rapid needs analysis in partnership with the responsible PIM (Performance Improvement Manager), to identify the performance gap/need.
- You will work with the PIM to identify the business metrics and objectives that the solution will impact and establish learning objectives that align with those KPI.
- Design and develop a learning and performance solution for the identified needs.
- All solutions should embody the highest standards of adult learning principles.
- You may use any design process you and your manager choose, as long as it produces a consumer-grade experience, gets to market quickly, and impacts the business positively due to improved human performance.
- You will be encouraged to utilize special talents, skills, or competencies you possess from experience, education, or certification to support the rest of the team cross functionally when needed.
- Solutions may include such things as ILT, VILT, performance support tools, job aids, eLearning, video series, micro learnings, adaptive learning technologies, podcasts, vodcasts, reference tool, knowledge base, learning in the flow solutions, etc.
- In partnership with the PIM (and Sr. Manager when project warrants it), you will present your solution design to senior stakeholders at the launch of new projects and at identified milestones during the development process.
- When needed, you and others on the Learning and Performance team will defend the approach taken to solve the performance needs targeted.
- You will define and write sound learning objectives that tie directly to the business objectives and evaluation strategy.
- As a team player, we expect you to lend a hand to others when workload fluctuates between designers.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently, in writing and verbally.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or management
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Business Insight
- Action Oriented
- Situational Adaptability
- Integrity and Trust
- Manages complexity
Internship Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Graphic Design, Organizational Development, Human Resources, or other talent development related subject at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Summer interns can work up to 40 hours per week
- Valid US Work authorization.