Infra Ops Intern
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
The HashiCorp IT Team is seeking an InfraOps Intern who can consistently go above and beyond, thrive in a complicated and exciting workplace, and who can actively contribute to improving and scaling IT infrastructure operations. You will be part of the IT Organization, specifically focused on automating IT operations and infrastructure in a secure and scalable manner.
In this role, you can expect to learn how to...
- Write and publish technical documentation on processes and procedures followed by the team
- Complete audits and remediations for privileged and non-privileged access, deprovisioned objects in our IT infrastructure management systems (i.e. cleaning up deprovisioned user objects in Okta, JAMF, Druva, etc.)
- Perform analysis of systems and identify problem areas, identify ways of improving existing systems and integrations
- Serve as a tier III escalation point for the User Support team, providing hands-on (remotely via Zoom) support for users of various technical backgrounds, for users around the globe.
- Work beside InfraOps Systems Engineers building solutions to resolve sophisticated systematic problems
You may be a good fit for our team if you...
- Are currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in information technology or equivalent training in the United States and returning back to school following completion of this internship
- Have academic or some professional experience working in a professional environment is preferred
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Are well-organized, excellent work ethic, attention to detail, self-starting, and an ability to learn
- Are a creative problem-solver who also understands real-world products
- Have the constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- Emulate the HashiCorp principles
Please submit a cover letter that demonstrates your writing skills and tells us about your interest in being part of the HashiCorp story.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.