NextEra Energy Associate Project Manager
NextEra Energy Transmission, LLC (NEET) is the leading competitive transmission company in North America. We develop, finance, construct, operate, and maintain transmission assets across the continent.
Position Specific Description
You have the exciting opportunity to join a startup within the world’s largest utility company. NextEra Water aims to become a leading water utility by bringing NextEra’s leadership in sustainable energy to the water sector.
In this position, you will play a key role in the origination and development of water and wastewater acquisitions. We employ a data-driven approach to identify opportunities where we can acquire and improve water and wastewater infrastructure to ensure sustainable, clean, and reliable water for our customers.
Successful candidates will be competitive, highly motivated individuals with the ability to learn quickly. The position will be based at NextEra Energy’s headquarters in Juno Beach, FL.
Position-specific responsibilities include:
- Using database software to develop and maintain a list of water and wastewater systems in the United States
- Fostering external relationships with customers, third parties, and members of the community
- Utilizing GIS software to map acquisition targets and service territories
- Researching financial data and relevant information
- Facilitating acquisition process with internal stakeholders to progress opportunities from origination to execution and integration
- Ensuring compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned
Employees in this job plan, monitor and manage internal projects from initiation through completion. This role provides direction on projects to the department or project team members.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates and completes project(s) within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Secures required resources and uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis
- Identifies issues and challenges, measures and validates results, and implements solutions
- Provides information to internal and external clients on various issues
- Creates and communicates presentation materials for report out and updates with various levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Conducts external research and stays abreast of new developments or innovative advancements pertaining to the project
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 0+ years
- Master's Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Project Management
Organization: NextEra Transmission, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.