Summer College Intern Power Delivery - Vegetation Management
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
Our team is the best in the industry and along with the investments we’ve made in our infrastructure, we have realized remarkable achievements. By building the smartest and strongest grid to improve our customers’ lives. Together, we will make a difference and make powerful connections every day.
Join our power delivery vegetation management team as a 2022 summer intern supporting our Distribution team. In order to qualify for this role, you must be pursuing an undergraduate or masters level degree in a forestry or related technical field with a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. A minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0 is required. Prefer Sophomore, Junior or Senior.
As a power delivery summer intern, you can expect to:
- Apply diversified knowledge of forestry principles and practices to broad variety of assignments and related fields.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects
- Work on small projects or portions of larger projects. Support development of standards and guidelines for new applications, conduct analysis on vegetation related outages and reliability strategy and provide recommendations.
- Leverage new technology and Smart Grid solutions to provide superior service to our customers
- Exercise project management, negotiations, performance tracking and reporting
- Build communication skills, create presentations, attend and support meetings
- Participate in all aspects of engineering design, permitting and construction
- Interact with customers that you encounter to ensure award-winning customer service
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher