AVP, Risk Policy Senior Analyst
Job Description Summary
US Consumer Bank
The recently established U.S. Consumer Bank organization delivers a wide array of banking, payments, lending and investment services to individual consumers and small businesses. Our products and services cover a wide range of client banking needs including credit cards, basic banking, mortgages and investment advisory services.
To deliver on our brand promise, we must operate as a truly client-centric organization, driving a high tech, high touch experience for the full Citi relationship, particularly in the U.S. To do so, we have aligned our structure with our strategy, to ensure we win in the U.S., our largest market, and drive greater client-centricity across product, segment and geography.
The Risk Policy Senior Analyst is a seasoned professional role. This role is responsible for creating innovative solutions to monitor critical business processes & ongoing performance, maintaining and enhancing ongoing monitoring solutions/MIS, and providing insightful analytics for strategy development. The role requires an individual with several years of credit risk management experience, strong data analysis skills, technical SAS/SQL skills, and an ability to create analytical solutions. Strong communication and collaboration skills are required.
- Develop comprehensive solutions in SAS/SQL/Unix and data querying tools to facilitate in-sights key trends/threats/inaccuracies and drivers of those observations to enhance the effectiveness of current collection and recovery strategies
- Provide ad-hoc analytics & support for requests from business, regulatory agencies, and/or other audit entities.
- Take ownership and full responsibility for recurring reports and analytics and collaborate across the Risk teams to ensure the output is accurate and consistent
- Perform independent validation of quality assurance (QA) exception reports and partner with strategy leads to complete post-implementation validation for key initiatives
- Provide simple, concise and clear communications of complex data trends and analyses to senior management and key stakeholders
- Prior experience in risk management, and collections analytics or MIS development preferred.
- Strong prior experience and technical skills using SAS/SQL/Teradata/Oracle in a UNIX environment. Automation using VBA, Data warehouse and mainframe experience is a plus.
- Strong ability to interpret analytic results, analyze and solve business problems via MIS, and present/summarize for management review.
- Prior experience and technical skills using reporting tools (Qlikview, Tableau etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4 year degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field. Graduate degree is highly desirable.