Senior Engineer - Electronic Warfare
At ARA, our employees have the opportunity to develop systems and technologies that make a real-world impact. As an engineer supporting our Electronic Warfare (EW) programs, you’ll be delivering solutions that help safeguard our warfighters and bolster our national security through improved planning, analysis, and decision support.
As a valued team contributor, you’ll deliver advanced electronic warfare modeling and simulation tools. The ideal candidate will play a key role in the development, integration, and deployment of electronic warfare analytic tools for mission planning and technique assessment. The person we are seeking for this opportunity will be part of the team that works with our government customers, system users, and warfighters to translate their needs into deployed solutions.
Due to the work you’ll perform and interactions with the intelligence community and DoD programs you will need to be eligible to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment). If you have held an Active Secret clearance or above within the last two years, we want to talk to you!
Senior Engineer - Electronic Warfare Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related degree along with 7-9 years of relevant experience OR 13-15 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Hands-on programming experience in C/C++ or Java on Windows and/or Linux platforms as well as proficiency in electromagnetics and/or signal processing
- Develop innovative analytic tools for performance estimation of electronic warfare systems and techniques in many-on-many engagements
- Develop and demonstrate prototype models, algorithms, and analytic tools in high-fidelity simulations
- Perform technology surveys to gather, develop, and document requirements
- Perform trade studies among competing technologies and approaches
- Create, document, and implement software system development plans
Senior Engineer - Electronic Warfare Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Background in electronic warfare, radar, wireless communications, GPS, and signal processing
- Experience in system-level software development
- Experience using configuration management systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver briefings to internal and external stakeholders
Knowledge of the following is highly desired:
- Electronic Warfare systems
- Radar hardware and waveforms, radar signal processing, tracking
- Wireless communication systems and jamming
- Digital signal processing, probability, and machine learning
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/