CAD CAM Technician Co-Op
POSITION SUMMARY: CAD Tech Co-Op students will take part in projects that cover all phases of the NPD development process from early conception to prototype development. The overall goal is to provide students with real world experience and utilize their CAD skills and creativity on a wide range of projects. CAD Co-Op will be able to show examples of 3D modeling, technical drawings, component packaging, feasibility studies, tooling analysis and problem solving through the 10-week Co-Op program. Students will be able to present the work they have done to the NPD team the last week of their Co-Op program
- Develop Class-A CAD surface
- Develop digital upholstery patterns
- Packaging of sub-components (rigging, electronics, live wells, lighting, etc.)
- Create 3D product assemblies
- Create tooling models (analyze draft, create flanges, GD&T analysis, etc.)
- Create models for CNC milling / concept mockups
- Develop product build books for manufacturing
- Create 2D manufacturing specification drawings
- Create critical section drawings to support design reviews & phase gate reviews
- Work with suppliers to package purchased components
- On water boating experiences
Interns will be provided standard CAD equipment and software
Minimum Degree Required: Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design
Preferred Degree: Bachelors’ Degree in Design Engineering, Transportation Design, Product Design,
Experience: Junior / Senior year of college
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Education: CAD Co-Op candidates should be working towards a Computer Aided Design degree/certificate in the Product, Transportation Design field. Interest or experience in the Marine Industry is a plus
- Computer Skills: Catia V5 or similar CAD programs
- Skills: CAD Co-Op candidates should be proficient at Catia 3D CAD software. Have the ability to think three-dimensionally. Ability to translate concept sketches into 3D models. Creative thinking to develop proof of concept studies. Understanding of roto-molded, aluminum & composite manufacturing processes. Ability to work with a cross functional team.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Limited travel to local manufacturing plants, boat shows & marinas
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to HR Support Center at HRSupportCenter@Basspro.com or call 417-873-4357 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.