IT Summer College Intern - Cyber Security Architecture & Risk
In this role, you'll gain hands-on experience in the areas of Cybersecurity Architecture and Technology Risk. You will join a team of industry leading security experts and work to address a variety of Cybersecurity challenges that impact NextEra Energy. You’ll get hands on exposure to a variety of security technologies and will work with business stake holders to align determine appropriate controls to reduce business risk.
What you’ll do
- Work with Third Party Risk Management to address vendor risks for cutting edge technologies within the utilities sector.
- Engage with various business units to facilitate technology risk reduction and risk mitigation.
- Evaluate state of the art technologies and NextEra proprietary systems.
- Design and develop security awareness training opportunities such as phishing campaigns.
- Conduct proof of concepts on a variety of new security technologies.
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation within the cybersecurity and risk space.
- Explore how to leverage new and existing technology to address gaps within the infrastructure.
What we’re looking for
- Passion for security, learning, and knowledge sharing
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in IT, Computer Science or Cyber Security
- Demonstrable knowledge of network protocols
- Basic knowledge of risk management frameworks, techniques, and procedures
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher