POSITION: Event Manager , as a part of the CSC Leadership Academy
LOCATION: Various locations across the United States
COMPENSATION: Salary plus benefits. Compensation may vary based on location and experience.
BENEFITS: 401(k), Life Insurance, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance, Long/Short Term Disability, ESOP – Employee stock ownership program
ABOUT CONTEMPORARY SERVICES CORPORATION (CSC):
Established in 1967, CSC is the world leader in crowd management and event security. CSC’s esteemed clientele base includes more than 120 stadiums and arenas, over 120 universities and scholastic institutions, nearly 50 convention centers, and numerous clients within the professional ranks of MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NASCAR. CSC has also provided services for the world’s most prestigious special events, including Collegiate Bowl Games, NCAA Final Four Tournaments, Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup, Kentucky Derby, 31 Super Bowls, 10 Olympic Games, 5 Presidential Inaugurations, 4 Papal Visits, and 2 FIFA World Cups. CSC operates 49 branch locations throughout the United States and Canada. For more information, please visit our website www.csc-usa.com
JOB DESCRIPTION: A CSC Leadership Academy Event Manager will have the unique opportunity to assist the industry leaders with the development and execution of events that promote safety and great guest experience. This 18-month leadership development program allows participants to gain valuable, hands-on experience and work at various events with the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, College Athletics along with music and convention events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management, Sports Administration, Criminal Justice, Business Management or Human Resources. Experience in event management, crowd management, security, law enforcement or recruitment and hiring is preferred.
- Must be eligible or authorized to work in the United States
- Advanced knowledge of computer operation, Microsoft Office Products;
- Ability to maintain good client/customer relations and work in a team setting.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, applicants, customers, or organization.
- Good verbal/written communication skills and people management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment and make sound decisions quickly.
- Walking significant distances, including up and down stairs, as required to roam throughout the venue.
- Assist in the development and execution of events that promote the safety and experience of guests.
- Assist with day-to-day administrative and event operations.
- Logistics: assist with the physical setup/breakdown of equipment, distributing uniforms, radios, event day paperwork, and other equipment as needed
- Fulfill administrative duties such as data entry, correspondence, facilitating meetings, procurement and care of operational supplies, general communication with staff, and other office and event responsibilities, as necessary.
- Assist in the workforce management of CSC Event Staff, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, scheduling, database management and on-site supervision.
- Interacts with employees and clients in a professional manner.
- Perform various other duties as may be assigned by any of the CSC Managers.