Grant Writer & Researcher
The JR. Grant Writer researches and selects Urban Array grants – ensuring scopes are met and reports are submitted correctly and on time. The Grant Writer, who reports to the Chief Operating Officer, directs all UA grants and ensures they are in alignment with the Urban Arrays’s mission and goals. The Jr. Grant Writer will help plan and implement grant programs from application to approval and utilization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and support grants development for Urban Array – from identification of opportunities through management of deliverables.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results
- Collaborate with grant writers, program directors, and coordinators to ensure quality and efficiency of grant writing efforts.
- Research for effective, relevant, and authentic funding opportunities
- Keep relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Provide detailed reports to the Chief Operating Officer regarding Urban Array’s compliance with grant deliverables and other relevant data
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Provide training to new staff on grants management and reporting requirements
- Respond to grant data requests and inquiries from internal and external sources, including preparation of data analysis and generation of reports
- Develop professional and respectful work relationships with colleagues.
- Good understanding of the Urban Array’s overall work in the community, its programs, and its objectives
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong command of written and oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work within a team and provide support to other staff
- Ability to perform in a cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet